SkillINC Linkshell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kyudo - Application

4 posters

Go down

Kyudo - Application Empty Kyudo - Application

Post  Kyudo Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:54 am

Hello,

Since I'm not going to win any awards for my job spread or gear, I've decided to shoot for the longest, most thorough and boring application award. If I told you how long this took you wouldn't believe me. My Intel laptop can't handle FFXI anymore and I was getting like 5 FPS grabbing the screenshots. I've probably messed something up as it's the middle of the night now.

Name:

Kyudo (Hume M)

Jobs(please BOLD the job you consider your main job):

WAR 80 RNG 75 lolNIN 75

Kyudo - Application Jobsa

Subjobs for your jobs:

SAM 40

Past/Current LS:

Last real event LS was ForsakenKnights (Remora) which disbanded amicably a while ago. Spent most of the past year helping friends in Social LS AngelsOfAnarchy (Remora & Leviathan) and friends in other LS's. One started an Abyssea LS a few weeks back but it died already as most just want to go there and XP (Not me)

Reason for leaving/wanting to leave them:

Lots of friends quitting the game. Some for RL reasons, others for FFXIV beta. I don't think I'll go to 14, so want to see more of XI especially Abyssea and your LS / Website looks amazing. Sadly I was never famous on (Remora) Leviathan but happily I am not notorious either. In a BG /check Thorny + other posters would say,"Who the F**k is he, lol?"

Please list your merits, in detail(for important jobs only):

Attributes - HP/MP - Other

Strength 1
HP 1
Critical Hit Rate 4

List important gear sets for your main jobs(screenshots preferred):

WARRIOR

Merits

Great Axe 8
Aggressor 3
Berserk 3
Double Attack Rate 4
Warrior's Charge 3
Tomahawk 1

Kyudo - Application Warskill

Notables

Kyudo - Application Greataxe

War/Sam TP ( +12 Gear sTP required for 488 Delay 16.7 TP per hit 6 Hit)

Kyudo - Application Warsamtpmn

War/Nin TP

Kyudo - Application Warnintpmn

Raging Rush

Kyudo - Application Ragingrush

Steel Cyclone

Kyudo - Application Steelcyclone

Hurry Up 3rd Eye/Utsu (Defender)

Kyudo - Application Warfacerape

Warrior Sob Story,

0/5 Aurum Sabatons (0/3 Gears + 0/2 Moth)

RANGER

Merits

Archery 8
Throwing 2
Snapshot 5
Rapid Shot 3
Stealth Shot 1
Flashy Shot 1

Kyudo - Application Rngskills

Notables

Kyudo - Application Anwig

Kyudo - Application Tassets

Kyudo - Application Mirke

(Mirke was TP Piece Pre-Osode)

TP

Kyudo - Application Rngtp

Sidewinder

Kyudo - Application Sidewindere

Barrage

Kyudo - Application Barrage

Utsusemi /Nin

Kyudo - Application Utsusemirng

Ranger Sob Story,

0/10 Vali's Bow with TH1-4 and 2 failed claims. I sold Vulcan's Staff, Qiqirn Collar, 2 x Triumph Earring, Precise Belt etc' when I levelled Ninja. I have always shot for TP. I'd aim for sTP build if I won a Bonanza Yoichi or Multi-Hit melee build if I won a Bonanza Annihilator.(Not in this lifetime)

NINJA

Merits

Zero (Most Recent 75)

Kyudo - Application Ninskills

Notables

LOL

Idle

Kyudo - Application Ninjaidle

TP

Kyudo - Application Ninjatp

WS

Kyudo - Application Ninjaws

Enmity Actions

Kyudo - Application Ninjaenmact

Incoming Death

Kyudo - Application Ninjafkkkk

Ninja Sob Story,

Why did I level this?

* I have no MDB/-MDT sets for anything and need a Loq' for NIN /NIN and moar subs.

Endgame Experience(please be as detailed as possible)

HNM

None, but know who they all are, where they live, what they drop and what they do. I've pulled Jormy, Vrtra (With friend who aggro'd summons), Tiamat, Sandworm, Ixion on RNG, Shadowbound, /poked and GTFO.

VNM

Limited, killed a few. Have a yellow abyssite to pop Verthandi.

ZNM

Killed a few T1-3's. Only T4 fought is Sarameya.

Salvage

No experience but know the mechanics of the event. Keep a permit for ToAU sightseeing.

Limbus:

Been a while, farmed most zones. Fought Proto-Ultima once, wiped @ 3% (I got drawn in and Holy II'd). Never fought Omega but know some things, like farming gunpods and the famous, AMM FIRIN MAH LAZER move.

LolSky:

Farmed About 200 Trigger Sets and Killed 200 Gods on RNG. (I had highest attendance - 99% of farm/god days.

Sea:

Not killed any Jailers but farmed a few Ix'Aerns and know the weird SE developers were tripping aggro rules.

Dynamis:

Done very little Dienamis. Have main /assisted once on WAR. Buburimu win was with 10. Lost to Capricious Cassie on steroids in dunes 3 times.

Einherjar:

Haven't done Einherjar since 2008 patch but familiar with the event.

Abyssea:

Nothing Major. Tanked Tefenet and Gancanagh on WAR a few times (Not by choice) so know what to expect from those. Wiped to Minhocao @ 20% with 12/18, mainly because they were chattering about Abyssea EXP. Killed 127421764274 Frogs. Have all Key Items, Maps and Veridical Confluxes. Approx' 38k Cruor at last count. I always get Max HP + STR/DEX on entry.

Misc.:

Bastok/Windy/Sandy Rank10, ZM/ToAU/ACP/MKE/ASA Done. All Outpost Warps and Gate Crystals. WoTG & [S] Quests Done, except Windy.

How did you hear about us:

Blue Gartr, I don't post there but I am a long time lurker.

References in LS:

None

Can you join our Abyssea, Dynamis, Einherjar and Limbus?

Yes, though I realise Dyna' maybe a problem because of "Access Denied"

Playtime / Hours available (Please include Timezone.):

GMT. From 4-5 P.M. till needed. Can be on earlier if required on occasion. I'm from the U.K. (Scotland)

CoP Mission:

The Last Verse

Do you have Dynamis-Tavnazia access? If no, which wins do you need?

No, Qufim and Valkurm.

Do you have Dynamis-Xarcabard access? If no, which wins do you need?

No, Jeuno and Beaucedine

Do you have Bahamut Version 2 access?

Yes

Do you have all the runic portals?

Yes

Do you play on a PC?

No, I Did but now play on 360

Please list any gear that you consider notable:

Listed Above

Lastly, give us a short presentation of yourself(why would we want to accept you/what makes you special; be creative!):

At events I usually have a hoard of stuffs I may need in Satchel. Both forms of Snk/Invis, antidotes, echo drops, eye drops, remedies, elshimo fruits, reraise, etc. I follow instructions well and never AFK unnanounced. If i do, someone has broken into my house and shot me / stabbed me / stole my plasma TV / set fire to my house. (I live in Glasgow).

Out of events I like to have fun ingame and out. This is what happens when I get forum admin rights for a day. New avatars and titles for everyone yay. All my own work.

Kyudo - Application Avs1r

Kyudo - Application Avs2

Kyudo - Application Avs3

My forum sig' if accepted. Sorry to Taru's in advance. I really <3 them.

Kyudo - Application Sigua5

Thanks for reading, hope you're still awake.

P.S.

I know I run the risk of failing the 2 week trial and being stuck alone on Valefor. If accepted though I will transfer on Monday 16th August as this will give me the week to say goodbye to friends.

Kyudo

Back to top Go down

Kyudo - Application Empty Re: Kyudo - Application

Post  Arundo Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:39 am

In all honesty, this is probably the most amazing application I have ever seen. Effort, aspiration with a slice of humour. I'd like to see more of this. Sincerely, I would love to see you in the shell. Yet, I am no leader of any kind, just a member, posting mere comments, who also talks nonsense most of the time, so people stopped taking me seriously.

Some thoughts when reading this...

* Merits are not complete. (i.e. STR etc.) (However, now that Abyssea makes EXP so easy, you should be able to fix them really quickly.)

* No versatility in your jobs. NIN will most probably never be used except for Tyger / Byakko, while I have no idea if that still works after the enmity adjustion. Maybe someone can mentor me up on this? I think he would make an excellent addition considering we need people to do Einherjar effectively since a good DD can shine there. It would be easier if you had one mage job leveled. Even a SMN-burned 75 might help a little. We would use your WAR in things like Einherjar, RNG on Kirin, Ixion, Ruthven and Yilbegan and many more. So you have a use, don't worry^^.

* Gear is far from perfect. Not talking obtained gear, but gear choices for your sets. I am not a melee, so I can't say for sure, but I have the feeling that something just isn't right here. Yet you show effort. E.g. in getting a magian weapon which I still refuse to due to its boringness. You know about x-hit setups, which some Amano SAM in a lovely bananaland haven't studied yet. If you made it into the LS, I would help you fix your feet, if you get the ZNM triggers ready and I am sure some others would help.

* Your experience with HNM and endgame events seems also be limited. I could sum it up and say "nearly no experience." Nevertheless, this can easily be made up by the ability to listen, what the leaders say and read up about an incoming event. I.e. feel the Scholar inside you and hit the books!

Which brings me to a question...
* are you willing to accept criticism concerning gear choices? I am thinking of some kind of mentoring. (not by myself, lol. I know shit about melee^-^, but maybe by some WAR in the shell)
We are a friendly shell and know each other pretty well. Yet, when it comes to gear setups, rage is dominating the LS chat! Something like... for example... "ACES HELM??? GTFO here!"
We love to joke about other people's gear choices, so if you wear our pearl, we need you to make the best out of your gear. (It is not about having the best gear, but using what you have correctly.)

If you make it into the shell you will probably be able to and need to improve with every day. I wish you all of luck!

Arundo

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyudo Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:21 pm

Hi, Arundo. Thanks a lot for your comments. Agreed with everything you said.

A lot of my woes stem from spending far too much time ingame not doing things for myself like levelling other jobs. I think I am in a very small player category. I regard myself too good for lower shells, even with a crap job spread. But don't come close to making the grade for high end shells like yourselves. Also representing the LS I know that bad gear choices damages the rep' of it and will be mocked accordingly. (YOUR GOING ON BG!) Hi2u Aces, Askar, Denali Bonnet.

I regret levelling NIN, its only good for 2 houring things for lulz. I did it to solo things I can't solo by killing in 30 seconds. My RNG wasn't the best but it was strong so stripping it a bit wasn't the best idea. It had a lot of use (I kited Kirin more than the tanks) and each time SE cause another RNG levelling spree like ACP + level caps, ammo prices double. I haven't used ammo other than Demons or Kaburas since lv59 and i'm not rich lol. Like you said my WAR lacks a lot too like Aggressor up + down sets, and without /THF or on WAR/SAM I become the MP sponge after pulling out something like a big Steel Cyclone on any mob that's going to live for a while.

On versatility, this hurts my app' way more than gear. I think I could have posted the worst gear ever but the 1st thing spotted would be the lack of mage or support jobs. I'm a closet WHM lol, I love curing and tossing a paralyna on the tank 0.00004 secs after he got para'd is job satisfaction +1. I just find WHM's are easy criticism targets and get a lot of stick. By looking at my app' as if it was someone elses COR and WHM look the sensible choices to level, I could probably hammer out a decent COR.

I think the best thing for me to do is to hold back on applying and go sort this out as fast as I can then re-submit. If I put the same effort into my toon like I did the app', should be no problemo.

Thanks again for the time you put in to your reply Aru. Making the app' was a lot of fun lol. Ironically I totally suck at RL job app's but breeze through interviews.

Now get back to pwning stuff in Abyssea. GL guys!

Kyudo

Back to top Go down

Post  Arundo Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:52 pm

Hi Kyu,

As I said earlier, I am no leader (and never wanted to be one). However, I wanted to answer, since this topic got over 30 views already, but no reply. I thought, this applicant must be sitting on ember.

So don't take my words too seriously, don't resign here already. I know from reliable sources that leaders are discussing your application still. Moreover, - as I wanted to make clear but maybe failed to - I think you could really shine, if you got accepted and got some advice here and there. I did not want to make you feel inferior in any way. Your application has weak spots, but none of them are un-fixable.

I also leveled Ninja and regretted it, since I never really used it. It looks a lot worse than yours (I have no Haidate! omgomg!) by the way. Look up my application, if you want to have a good laugh.

I think the best thing for me to do is to hold back on applying and go sort this out as fast as I can then re-submit. If I put the same effort into my toon like I did the app', should be no problemo.

I'd suggest to wait for the leaders' decision. When I get home today from the office, I'll put some pressure on Vadai. "Go Go, make a decision already! Poor guy is waiting here!"

Should it come out to the negative, I agree with you about leveling a support job. It is so much easier now with Astral Flows and Abyssea PTs. (I got - by the help of this linkshell - WHM from 40 to 60 in a single Abyssea PT by opening chests. And another member got WHM from 40 to 80 within a week.)

I wish my RL applications were as good as your linkshell applications.
Again, I still hope to see you in the green-coloured with LS chat.

Have a little bit more patience. I am sure, Slay or Kala will decide on this matter soon.

Sincerely,
Aru

Arundo

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyudo Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:39 pm

lol Sorry Aru if I came across as giving up or being impatient. It's the opposite. Just felt that I can easily sort this myself quickly. Then come back to the table with better cards.

Your comments were good advice. I need to go read your app' lol, even though I'm supposed to be working too.

Kyudo

Back to top Go down

Post  Vadai Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:41 pm

What Aru said is pretty much true. While we don't have a final decision yet, you're free to join our Einherjar shell in the meantime till we do, since we consider applicants who do other events with us more than completely random ones.
Vadai
Vadai
Admin

https://ambushls.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyudo Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:46 pm

Hi all.

Thanks Vadai, yeah I understand that. I'm keeping busy.

Stripped Ninja of sellables.

Re-got Engetsuto and Tree Steelshell Massacre is in progress to cap Polearm. I remember the odd Apollyon zone, maybe crabs? were resistant to slashing.

Re-gearing RNG, got V Staff, Rat Collar etc' back. Triumphs as soon as I can. After skilling I'll hit the Frog Pond and start pew pew'ing it to 80. Need a new bow, yet to get a Fay that beat S Bow. I think the Chunwa bow and the lev80 on AH are high delays, 582-600? I started an Astrild (the Lv80 DMG: 89 Magian bow) but it's tedious to say the least. I'm on the 4th trial.

We were messing with VNMs when they got put in and killed Urd 3 times. (after one we all AFK'd for a bit and came back to find dead mage who /healed not realising they had done T2 and got pwned by it loool. Anyway, later on I'm at Moogle eyeballing future Astrild trials and the evil lil' B*****d says hey go kill Urd 6 times, FFFFUUUU.

Must dash, got Crabs to deal with.

WAR/SAM 6 Hit Aggressor Up (Daytime, Fenrir > Aesir)

Kyudo - Application Aggup

WAR/SAM 6 Hit Aggressor Down

Kyudo - Application Aggdown

WAR/SAM 6 Hit Polearm

Kyudo - Application 6hitplm

RNG/NIN TP 6 HIt O.O Brutal

Kyudo - Application Rngnin6hit

RNG/NIN Normal TP

Kyudo - Application Rngnormaltp

Barrage

Kyudo - Application Barrage2

RNG/NIN Sidewinder

Kyudo - Application Rngninwinder

Rutters now in storage

Last edited by Kyudo on Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:10 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : i is improoving)

Kyudo

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyudo Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:01 pm

Hi,

I have a question or two about the Einherjar LS.

To be honest I just wanted to do Abyssea NM's but was prepared to do all events just for that. I didn't realise your LS was as strong as it is though before I applied. If I'd done some research instead of acting on impulse I wouldn't have bugged you guys.

I wanted to ask why Ein' isn't done within the main LS. Usually it's because of numbers which I accept. One of my best friends' LS (Top 5 all servers) though does every event in house and clear everything in Ein' with around 14 and that's with 2-3 multi-boxing, so it's got me a little curious. I seen on BG this run started 9th August, but do members from the main LS have bucketloads of points from previous runs?

I've been impressed by your LS's attitude and wanted to say thanks. If I posted my App' @ my friend's LS I'd have got ridiculed and flamed to hell lol. I haven't applied anywhere else and don't plan to.

Oh, and ding RNG 78.

Kyudo

Back to top Go down

Post  Vadai Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:19 pm

Firstly I very highly doubt your friends LS clears T3 constantly with 14 people.

We could do the same, but if we get bad mobs we are going to lose, and I don't want to take that risk. So far we've done 2 runs with about 16, and won both(t1 and t2 only thought). So noone is far behind if they join at this point in time.
Vadai
Vadai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyudo Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:09 pm

Appreciate the fast response Vadai. They actually do, I've seen their parses but they have been doing Ein' for years and years. Congrats on your wins so far and I understand you'd rather go prepared for anything.

Thanks.

Kyudo

Back to top Go down

Post  Vadai Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:22 pm

I'm sure you know all this, but 14 people on a parse doesn't mean 14 people unless the mages holy'd and stuff lol.

But yar either way, we won't have more than 20-22 to clear every zone safely.
Vadai
Vadai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyudo Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:30 pm

Yeah I know that lol but you will also know when you see a handful of DD's parsing 100k+ each they've been there and done it. They are well known for lowmanning everything especially Einherjar. LMXVII Ifrit. Robertus knows who they are.

Kyudo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulilly Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:14 pm

Thank you for your application <33333333333

This has taken me sometime to form an opinion... actually no.... it was rather fast: I voted/vote yes simply because I believe in the "type of person" you are. With that much effort into and appy and just "you" in general was enough for me to say yes*^^*

I don't believe in some of your gear choices and stuff of that nature, but its nothing that cant be fixed with some time and effort. Your knowledge in the game is very limited it seems but that is np at all. . . When I 1st joined this LS I had no exp in all endgame fields so I believe that will come very fast to you=)

Out of your jobs I believe RNG will be used more until you level a mage so witht hat said I advise gearing that job up pronto^^

_________________________________________________________________________________

/Welcome to our Linkshell! From this point on it is your job to keep your pearl!

NOTE: From now on every new member we take will be given a strict 2 week trial period. 2wk period is where you have a chance to show us how good you handle Attendance/Respect others/Take direction and most importantly how you work together as a team.

Thank you.

/tell Ulilly or Vadai for pearl

, and again thank you for thinking about our shell!
Ulilly
Ulilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyudo Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:46 pm

Thanks very much Ulilly, I really wasn't expecting that and it's taken me by surprise a bit lol.

Saying my goodbyes here tonight which is sad but excited about new adventures with you all. I'm used to RNG abuse so that's fine. Hopping tomorrow morning some time. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Take care Ky.

Kyudo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down